The Media Centre provides a central access point for all City of Perth online news. The complete Media Centre listing provides a search-enabled interface to find the news you are interested in quickly and efficiently.
City of Perth acknowledged for sustainable office program
3rd Aug 2010
Tomorrow morning the Minister for Energy, the Honourable Peter Collier, will present Lord Mayor Lisa Scaffidi with an award to recognise businesses in the city who are committed to creating sustainable workplaces through the CitySwitch program.
The CitySwitch Green Office is a national tenant energy management program that aims to improve the greenhouse performance of commercial tenancies through the application of energy efficiency actions in the office.
Minister Collier will present an award on Wednesday to recognise the City of Perth achieving 150,000 sqm of space signed up to the program across 27 Perth offices.
As part of CitySwitch the City of Perth has been running ‘Café Series’ events, to facilitate networking among signatories and to discuss office energy efficiency issues, challenges and opportunities.
There are currently 27 organisations who are signatory to CitySwitch in Perth.
CitySwitch is specifically targeted at office building tenants to inform, educate, promote and assist them to implement simple-to-achieve energy efficiency, reducing the CO2 emissions attributable to climate change. Any business or agency (including government agencies) with an office in the city qualifies to become a CitySwitch signatory.
Basic requirements for Signatories are as follows:
· obtain a benchmark accredited NABERS Energy tenancy rating within 3 months of joining the program using the National Australian Built Environment Rating Scheme (NABERS)
· develop and implement an Energy Action Plan to achieve and maintain an accredited [4, 4.5 or 5 star] NABERS Energy tenancy rating
· appoint an Energy Manager to monitor actual performance
· request a NABERS Energy base-biilding rating from the building owner/manager of all offices
· promote energy efficiency to staff, customers and suppliers and share experiences with other CitySwitch signatories
· obtain an annual accredited NABERS Energy tenancy rating and provide feedback in a formal Progress Report Back session to the Lord Mayor
CITY SWITCH CAFE SERIES DETAILS FOR 2 AUGUST
|Date:||Wednesday, 4 August 2010|
|Time:||9.00am - 10.30am - arrive 8.45am
QV1 Conference Centre