Food Trucks in the City of Perth
The City of Perth Mobile Food Trading Policy allows for unique and high quality food vehicles to trade at selected parks and reserves around the city, providing relaxed outdoor dining options to local residents and visitors, and adding to the overall vibrancy of our city.
Trying to find a Food Truck in the City?
Mobile food operators participating in the program will be able to trade seven days a week between 7.00am and 3.00am at any of the locations listed below:
- John Oldham Park, Narrows Interchange – This park features a lake and waterfall set in lush surrounds, with stunning city views.
- JH Abrahams, Nedlands
- Langley Park playground
- Langley Park Victoria Avenue
Applications are now open for the City of Perth’s 12 month Food Truck Permit.
This annual permit will be distributed to a maximum of 12 food truck operators for trade from 1 April 2018 until 31 March 2019.
Please read the following documents before commencing your application:
- Code of Practice
- Approved Locations
The application must include:
- Completed application form
- Copy of your Food Business Registration
- Copy of your public liability insurance certificate
Incomplete applications will not be accepted.
Registration will close when 25 applications have been submitted or at 5pm, on 21 March 2018.
Permits will be distributed to 12 food trucks/ vans and five (5) food trailers.
Applications should be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org
Or in person to:
City of Perth
27 St Georges Terrace, Perth
Or via mail:
City of Perth
GPO Box C120 Perth
For more information on the City of Perth Food Truck Permit contact the City of Perth Health and Activity Approvals on 9461 1444, or via email:
Key Permit Details
- Permit to operate from 1 April 2018 until 31 March 2019
- Applications close when permit allocation is exhausted or at 5pm on 21 March 2018
- 4 Approved locations
- Locations available 7am - 3am, Sunday - Saturday
- No CBD locations
- Minimum 100m radius from an established food business
- $20million public liability insurance (COP listed)
- Permits can be cancelled at any time at the City’s discretion
New food truck operators
Your application for a City of Perth Food Truck Permit must include a copy of your Food Act Registration. Food Act Registrations are specific to individual food trucks, and must be obtained from the Local Government where your food truck is garaged. Contact your Local Council for more information regarding their Food Act Registration process.
For further information about the program please see the links below: