City of Perth Library Conditions of Use
To help us provide a welcoming and safe environment, please:
- Treat other patrons with respect and courtesy
- Treat Library staff with respect and courtesy, and follow their instructions
- Meet acceptable levels of personal hygiene and clothing
- Take care not to cause an obstruction with power cords or belongings
- Use mobile phones and other electronic devices quietly
- View appropriate ‘G’ rated material on laptops or library computers
- Take care of Library furniture, collections and property
- Take responsibility for your belongings
- Supervise and take responsibility for those in your care
- Be considerate of others when taking photographs or videos in the building
- Inform Library staff if you have any concerns
- Do not enter the Library if under the influence of alcohol or drugs
- Leave the Library when requested at closing time or during an emergency situation.
- Assistance and therapy animals are welcome.
- Cold food and covered or bottled drinks are permitted (no strong smelling hot food).
- Patrons cannot use the Library or its facilities for carrying on a business unless the City has granted a permit to do so. A permit will not be approved for this purpose.
- For your safety, surveillance cameras monitor public areas.
- Patrons who do not abide by these conditions may be asked to leave or be banned from the Library. Illegal behaviour will be referred to the WA Police.
- These conditions are in accordance with the Library Board of Western Australia Act 1951; Library Board (Registered Public Libraries) Regulations 1985.
City of Perth Library Conditions of Membership
I agree to abide by all City of Perth policies and conditions of use and will:
- Present my City of Perth Library card for all Library transactions.
- Accept responsibility for all items borrowed on my card and cards issued to minors named on the Library membership form.
- Report lost/stolen cards to the City of Perth Library immediately.
- Return items on or before the due date (or arrange a renewal if applicable).
- Agree to pay all charges imposed for late returns, replacement costs and processing charges for any lost, stolen or damaged items; understanding all items remain the property of the City of Perth Library.
- Respect the rights and security of staff and other Library users.
- Notify the City of Perth Library of any changes to the contact details provided.