The day to day running of the City of Perth is the responsibility of the Chief Executive Officer.
Along with the directors and staff, the Chief Executive Officer acts on the Council's decisions by developing and putting into practice the Council’s policies and resolutions. The role of the Chief Executive Officer is to provide overall strategic direction, leadership and coordination of the organisation. The Chief Executive Officer is also responsible for City management issues, policy information and Elected Member or Commissioner liaison.
There are five directorates which carry out the work of the Council, each led by a director:
- Acting Chief Executive Officer - Erica Barrenger.
- Acting Director, Planning and Development - Robert Farley.
- Director, Corporate Services - Robert Mianich.
- Director, Community and Commercial Services - Rebecca Moore.
- Director, Construction and Maintenance - Paul Crosetta.
- Acting Director, Economic Development and Activation – Ben Fitzpatrick.