How to apply to go on the City of Perth non-resident owner and occupiers Roll?

The City of Perth uses two different enrolment forms for non-resident owner and occupier applications.

When individuals are applying in their own names either as owners or occupiers, the Enrolment Eligibility Claim for the City of Perth form is used.

When individuals are being nominated by a corporate body as owner nominees or occupier nominees, the Application to Register a Corporate Nominee form should be used because it allows for detail to be provided about the corporate body involved.

It is important that the form is filled in completely. In particular the full name (surname and all forenames in full), date of birth and the address on the State or Commonwealth electoral roll are important as these are used to check bona fides.

The initial test to determine if an organisation is a body corporate is to determine whether the body has an Australian Company Number by searching through ASIC information. There are other bodies that do not have an Australian Company Number that qualify as bodies corporate.

There are definitions of right of occupation and separate occupancies in the Local Government Act (s4.31) that can be used to help determine the validity of an application in cases where there is doubt.

Enrolment and Eligibility Claim Forms may be downloaded below:

Download the enrolment to register a corporate nominee form

Download the enrolment to register an owner or occupier (non body corporate nominee) form

Alternatively forms can be obtained by:

Not sure whether you are already enrolled?

Please contact the Governance Unit on 9461 3250 or

To check your enrolment status on the residents roll visit the Western Australian Electoral Commission website