Occupancy Permits: BA9 and BA11

An occupancy permit must be obtained before a building can be occupied. Occupancy permits cover a number of different scenarios including occupying a completed new building, changing an existing building’s use or classification, retrospectively authorising an unauthorised building or temporarily occupying an incomplete building. 

Key Details

Service TypePermit
Eligibility requirementsThe BA9 checklist should be included with each new Application for Occupancy Permit submitted.

Need more help?

The City can provide guidance on permits and requirements, email building@cityofperth.wa.gov.au or (08) 9461 3366.