The following information is provided as an information resource for transitioning Subiaco residents.

A | B | C | D | E | F | G | H | L | M | N | P | R | S | T | V | W | XYZ



Access and inclusion          

This page contains more information about the City of Perth’s committed to universal access and inclusion with the emphasis on mainstream facilities and services being accessible for all members of the community including children, seniors, people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds, tourists, and people with disabilities.


Documents on our website are also available in alternative formats, please contact our customer service team on 9461 3333 or email

Applying for approvals

Planning and/or building approvals may be required before making any alterations or additions to your home or business. 

Whether you are thinking of making improvements such as a renovation or addition, or planning a new development, it is important to advise the City of your plans as most projects of this nature require an approval. 

Penalties, including potential prosecution, may apply if development is carried out without first seeking the necessary approvals. 

Asbestos and hazardous waste

Tamala Park offers a regular free asbestos drop-off day for City of Perth residents. This page contains more information on the Tamala Park Waste Management Facility and details about drop-off days, quantities of asbestos accepted, instructions for wrapping and delivery, and safe work procedures for the removal and handling of asbestos.


Building applications and forms

This page contains information on lodgement, guidelines and forms that are required to apply for a building permit within the City of Perth.


Car parks

Visit our dedicated website for locations, operations times and pricing for our multistorey and open air car parks.

City of Perth parking app

Park faster and smarter with the free City of Perth parking app for iPhone, iPad and Android devices. The app also allows you to locate car parks closest to your city destination, set a parking timer reminder for when your parking is due to expire and even set the location of where you are parked.

Community Centres

The City of Perth has two community centres which offer a wide and varied range of activities and services for people over the age of 55 years and people with disabilities.

Citiplace Community Centre

This page contains more information and a list of services available to the community.

Citiplace Child Care Centre

The City of Perth is committed to the delivery of high quality occasional and long day child care at the Citiplace Child Care Centre, a unique and purpose-built inner-city child care facility.

Located in the central City Station Complex on the corner of Barrack and Wellington Streets, the Centre is in close proximity and easily accessible to the train, both Transperth and the CAT bus services, and the Citiplace Car Park (entrance off Roe Street).

Citiplace Rest Centre

The Citiplace Rest Centre is situated in the City Railway Station Complex, Upper level walkway on the corner of Barrack and Wellington Streets, Perth.

Services include toilet facilities for males and females, accessible toilet with hoist and adult change table, parenting rooms, shower facilities, wheelchair hire (Saturdays and Sundays only), stroller hire and locker hire.

Citizenship ceremonies

Becoming an Australian citizen means you call Australia home with all the privileges and responsibilities of a person who was born here. At the City of Perth, we take great pride in assisting you to achieve this final step to becoming an Australian citizen.

Eligible citizens can participate in one of six citizenship ceremonies held at Council House per year.

Contact us

Find out how to contact the City and the customer service centre’s opening hours.

Council committees

The City of Perth Council has established a number of committees to support the operations of the Council and enable the local community to have input into the management of key areas. You can access agendas for upcoming meetings and also read the minutes of past meetings.

Council meetings

In accordance with the Local Government Act 1995, Elected Members meet regularly to make decisions on governing the City of Perth. Members of the public are welcome to attend and ask a question at Council meetings.

Councillor contacts

The Council aims to be an approachable and progressive Council, encouraging feedback from our electors and stakeholders on any matter of interest or concern. Our Councillor's contact details are provided for your convenience.

Community safety

The City has many initiatives to address community safety and minimise crime, graffiti and anti-social behaviour as well as improving perceptions of safety.

Career opportunities

The City is always looking for great people to join our team. Current vacancies for the City of Perth are listed on this page as they become available.

Compliments and comments

The City encourages you to provide feedback on any of the services or activities of the City of Perth. An online feedback form is available or please call customer service on 9461 3333.

Cycle paths

The City is committed to the ongoing improvement of facilities that allow the community to travel along attractive and safe bike and foot paths. The City has a comprehensive network of cycle and dual-use paths. Many riverside routes are clearly signposted and detailed cycle maps can be obtained from most metropolitan bicycle retailers or on this page.


Demographic information

This page contains information about the City of Perth’s community profile, population forecasts, social atlas and economic profile.


A construction and demolition management plan may be required as part of the approval process for significant building and demolition activities.

Generally, a Construction Management Plan is required to be submitted to the City of Perth Activity Approvals Unit prior to permit approval.  

Dogs and cats

This page contains more information for City of Perth residents who own dogs and cats and registration requirements.

For transitioning Subiaco residents: all animal registrations records for residents whose properties shift from the City of Subiaco to the City of Perth will be copied and automatically transferred to the City of Perth. The City of Perth will send out reminders as and when renewals are required.  If, for example, your pet is located wandering unattended, the detail on the replacement registration will direct enquiries to the City of Perth.

Drainage and dewatering

If a proposed building project involves dewatering or has any impact on the City’s stormwater system, approvals need to be in place prior to commencement of works.

The City of Perth can provide specialised advice on these matters to ensure that all drainage and dewatering have been addressed and have the appropriate approvals prior to the issue of a Building Permit.



For an overview of Council elections in the City of Perth, eligibility and how to enrol to vote in Council elections, how to enrol, information on how to stand for Council, and to view answers to some frequently asked questions about electoral enrolments and Local Government elections please see this page.

Energy standards

The City of Perth is set to take a lead role in the future-proofing of the city against climate change and the impacts of rising energy demand, with a new initiative entitled Towards an Energy Resilient City. A strategic directions paper is available on this page. 

Environment and sustainability

The City of Perth integrates environmental consideration with social inclusion and economic prosperity to ensure that we grow as a sustainable city.  This page contains more information on the City’s current environment and sustainability initiatives as well as information on how you can live, work, and play sustainably in the City.

Organising an Event

External organisations wanting to host an event within City of Perth council reserves and streets are required to seek approval. Events that need approval include marches, parades, rallies and assemblies, activities obstructing the road, footpath or verge, and major events. Please see this page to download and submit an event application form.


Freedom of Information

The Freedom of Information Act 1992 gives the public a right to apply for access to documents held by the City of Perth. This page contains more details if you require information regarding the City’s operations.


Graffiti removal

To report graffiti in the City contact the Graffiti Hotline on 1800 109 010, Monday to Friday 8.00am – 5.00pm. At all other times please email For more information about graffiti removal please see this page.

Grants and sponsorships

The City offers a variety of grants and sponsorships designed to support innovative cultural and community activities. See this page to view the variety of grant and sponsorship options the City has to offer.



The City of Perth’s Heritage Program, a history of Perth city, heritage listing and benefits, grants and rate concessions and the Heritage Award can be found on this page.  



The new multi-level City of Perth Library has been built next to the Perth Town Hall at 573 Hay Street and is accessible from St Georges Terrace via the new Cathedral Square precinct.



The City offers Meals-on-wheels services for those over 55 and those on a disability pension.

The service is available Monday to Friday with deliveries from 9.00am – 12.00pm to those living in Perth's CBD, West Perth, East Perth, Northbridge and new residents from the City of Subiaco. For more information please see this page. 


Noise - Builder and construction noise

In recent years, our city has experienced an increase in the amount of residential and mixed use development. More information for builders, owners and contractors can be found by visiting this page.

If you are experiencing a construction-related noise disturbance, you can report the issue to us through Compliance Services:

Office Hours: 9461 3218
After Hours: 9229 2970

Neighbourhood noise

The City’s Environmental Health Officers manage neighbourhood noise in the City, investigate and monitor noise complaints, and take steps as appropriate to prevent and reduce offensive noise.

Making a noise complaint

If you are experiencing a noise disturbance, first speak to the person or business causing the noise as soon as the problem arises, expressing your case honestly and respectfully. In many instances, they are unaware they are causing a problem and will quickly remedy the situation. 

For different types of noise, here is who to lodge your complaint with:

  • City of Perth Rangers - 9461 3854: Dog barking.
  • City of Perth Environmental Health Officers - 9461 3333: Street maintenance, mechanical plant and construction noise, fixed domestic machinery (eg. air conditioner), domestic activity (eg. power tools), waste collection, pubs and clubs.
  • Police: Intruder alarms, party noise, antisocial behaviour, vehicle noise (eg. noisy trucks, motorbikes).
  • New Metro Rail - 1800 110 075: Railway passenger trains.
  • Department of Planning and Infrastructure - 9216 8999: Boat noise.
  • Worksafe - 1300 307 877: Noise within a workplace.


This page contains the City of Perth’s media releases and newsroom, which provides information about significant projects, achievements and decisions.


Street parking

For more information about street parking, clearways, restrictions, cost of street parking and street parking bay reservations please see this page.

Parking fines

If you received a parking infringement notice from the City of Perth, please follow the payment instructions printed on your infringement notice. Alternatively please contact us on 1300 366 461 to discuss other payment options.

Parks and gardens

With more than 30 parkland areas and reserves, the City of Perth is described by many as parkland oasis. The beautifully crafted green open spaces that that cover one tenth of the City area combine heritage, public art and water features to offer a break from the bustle of City life. Take some time out to experience the tranquillity of Perth’s open spaces. For more information about the City’s more famous parklands including Stirling Gardens, Supreme Court Gardens, Langley Park, Queens Gardens, JH Abrahams and Point Fraser please see our parks and gardens page.

Parking permits – Residential

This page contains further information regarding Residential Parking Permits and how to apply for a permit.

For transitioning Subiaco residents: All existing residential parking permits issued by the City of Subiaco can continue to be used until they expire.

Planning and development

This page contains further information regarding City of Perth planning schemes and policies, planning and building tools, building legislation and capital works programs.

For transitioning Subiaco residents: The existing Subiaco Town Planning Scheme and Policies will continue to apply until the relevant planning scheme amendments can be made.

Public Transport

The City of Perth has an extensive public transport network of trains and buses.

Please visit the Transperth website at or call 13 62 13 to plan your journey.

CAT buses

In addition to the fully networked metropolitan Transperth bus system, a central bus transport system called CAT (Central Area Transit) operates in and around the City.

CAT bus stops are located throughout the city and have distinctive stands and provide real-time passenger information about when the next bus is due.

Subiaco Shuttle

The Subiaco Shuttle (route 97 bus) is a high-frequency local bus service that connects Subiaco Train Station, QEII Medical Centre and The University of Western Australia. The Subiaco Shuttle runs every 15 minutes from 6.43am to 6.30pm on weekdays.


Ranger services

Our Rangers are employed to deal with a variety of issues that occur throughout the City of Perth including:

  • patrols of parks, reserves and buildings
  • litter
  • unauthorised signs in public areas
  • assisting in the management of events
  • policing streets, footways and verge obstructions
  • control of street traders
  • abandoned vehicles
  • working with WA Police and other agencies to report anti-social or criminal behaviour
  • dog and cat control
  • security
  • vandalism

The City of Perth Ranger Services can be contacted on 9461 3854 during business hours.


Please see this page to view detailed information about City of Perth rates; how to register for eRates, how to pay your rates, change of address, and concessions, rebates and exemptions.

Road closures

Notices about any road closures planned by the City of Perth can be found by visiting this page.


Street sweeping

The City operates street cleans outside the CBD and all areas are cleaned weekly.

Please direct queries regarding street cleaning and sweeping to 1800 013 827 or



The City of Perth is committed to creating an environmentally sustainable City, and a major influence on the City’s environment is its street trees.

Street trees are the property of the City of Perth. Under no circumstances are property owners or occupiers or other unauthorised persons permitted to prune or willfully cause damage to, remove or replace any City of Perth street tree.

See the City’s online brochure which explains how the City of Perth manages the maintenance and pruning of these trees. 


Venues for hire

The City of Perth has a range of facilities available for booking that are suitable for meetings, corporate and community events, and weddings. These include the Northbridge Piazza, Perth Town Hall, Perth City Library, Citiplace Community Centre meeting rooms and wedding ceremonies in parks. This page contains more information on how to book.


Waste collection

The City of Perth is converting waste collection services to the Waste Authority approved three bin system.

The Red lidded bin will be converted to general waste for landfill.

The Yellow lidded bin will be converted to recycling for all paper, cardboard, metals, glass and plastics.

The Green lidded bin will be converted to a green waste bin collecting all leaves, grass clippings, trimmed branches and garden waste.

More information about other waste collection services please see this page or call the waste management hotline on 1800 013 827.


Visitor and events information

To find out what’s happening in your city visit to find more information about our events, things to see and do, eat and drink, shop and additional visitor information.

iCity volunteers help visitors discover the city from the iCity booth in Murray Street Mall (intersection of Forrest Place). The volunteers are equipped with all the latest information on events, activities, shopping and attractions in the City of Perth and supply free resources including city maps, trails and visitor guides.