These family-friendly concerts will be suitable for all ages and offer an exciting opportunity to welcome the Christmas season, showcase traditional Christmas values, while celebrating our diverse and vibrant city and community.
The City of Perth is seeking submissions for stage entertainment, including:
- Musical performance
- Choirs/singing groups
Entertainment should provide a vibrant and meaningful Christmas offering that caters to a broad demographic. Each concert will be required to include performances that celebrate the traditional Christian meaning of Christmas.
Applicants can apply for one of the below categories:
1. Single Performance (minimum requirement of a 20-minute set)
Applicants may provide a single performance to be selected and programmed by the City as part of a Christmas Concert. The minimum performance requirement is 20 minutes*.
*required performance times are subject to change at the City’s discretion.
The City will schedule your single performance at a Christmas Concert date and time deemed suitable. If submitting for a single performance, please ensure availability for all five dates (refer to Timeline).
2. Program of Performances for the duration of one Concert (90-minute requirement)
Applicants may provide a schedule of entertainment programming for an entire Christmas Concert, subject to review and approval by the City. Applicant is required to program the full 90minutes of entertainment.
If applying for a Program of Performances please select ALL available dates in the attached form. The City will schedule at their discretion and flexibility in availability is advised (refer to Timeline).
The Christmas Concerts will be held in Forrest Place and performances will be held on the existing stage. Submissions should be made with the stage size in mind.
Stage size approximately
12m length x 7m width
The City will provide audio visual equipment, including basic lighting, microphones, speakers, a stage manager and MC. Performers are to supply their own backline equipment, including music stands, instruments, and anything specific to the performance.
The City will also provide a Christmas backdrop and theming for each Christmas Concert and may consult with the successful applicants on suitable inclusions. The City will be responsible for all other elements of the event.
In addition, a Welcome to Country will be coordinated by the City of Perth for each event.
Performers will have access to changerooms and a greenroom both pre and post-performance.
All applicants must:
- Be based in Western Australia.
- Complete the EOI Form, including the Proposed Performance Fee.
- Submit a single performance or program of performances that is/are Christmas-themed (either traditional or non-traditional Christmas).
- Adhere to State Government laws and recommendations surrounding COVID-19.
- Have a registered ABN.
- Have a current Public Liability Insurance certificate.
The City may conclude this process on the basis of responses for this Expression of Interest, without conducting a follow up process.
- Is the performance engaging and/or interactive?
- Is the performance of high quality?
- Does it include an element/elements that convey the traditional Christian meaning of Christmas? (It is desirable for the performance to feature elements of the traditional meaning of Christmas; submissions that propose a full program of performances must include this element in their proposal.)
- Does the performance appeal to a wide demographic reflective of Perth’s population?
- Does the performance represent value for money?
All submissions will be assessed against the criteria and eligibility requirements.
How to Apply
Applicants should submit the following information to the City’s Events Officer.
- Complete this EOI Form
- Attach Supporting Materials (.doc or .pdf) including:
- Proposed performance schedule (if applying for a Program of Performances)
- Pictures/videos and/or links to previous work
- Performer bios including details of previous performing experience
- Technical requirements (audio visual)
- Pictures and/or visuals of performer dress/presentation.
- 6 October 2020 - Submissions close at 5pm
- 19 October 2020 - Successful applicants announced *subject to change
- 22 November 2020 - Christmas Concert One
- 29 November 2020 - Christmas Concert Two
- 6 December 2020 - Christmas Concert Three
- 13 December 2020 - Christmas Concert Four
- 20 December 2020 - Christmas Concert Five
Download the EOI document here.