Call for Nominations
Local Government Section 4.13 Other Election call for Nominations
|District Positions||Term to expire|
|Lord Mayor||21 October 2023|
|4 Councillors||21 October 2023|
|4 Councillors||16 October 2021|
NOMINATIONS OPEN on Thursday, 3 September 2020.
NOMINATIONS CLOSE at 4.00pm on Thursday, 10 September 2020. Nominations must be lodged with the Returning Officer
- at any time during the above period by arrangement; or
- between 2.00pm and 4.00pm Thursday, 10 September 2020 (close of nominations) at City of Perth, 27 St Georges Terrace, PERTH 6000.
- Candidates are required to lodge with the Returning Officer:
- a completed nomination in the prescribed form, signed and witnessed. (This form is available from the Returning Officer or the Western Australian Electoral Commission);
- a single A4 page profile containing not more than 150 words of information about the candidate;
- a nomination deposit of $80 (cash, EFT, bank cheque or postal order);
- a recent passport-sized photograph (optional): and
- every candidate must complete the online candidate induction module available at www.dlgsc.wa.gov.au
The Commission has developed an online system called Nomination Builder to assist candidates to complete their nomination form which includes the candidate profile. This is the preferred method of completing the nomination form and profile for elections conducted by the Commission. Candidates complete their nomination details and profile, print the completed form which has a reference number allocated and lodge it with the Returning Officer. The nomination builder can be accessed at www.elections.wa.gov.au
Where an agent lodges a nomination on a candidate’s behalf, it must be in the prescribed form with a written authorisation signed by the candidate.
The documents may be hand delivered or posted to the Returning Officer and must be received by the close of nominations.
Full details about eligibility and nomination procedures for prospective candidates can be obtained by contacting the Returning Officer on 0428 888 401 or the Western Australian Electoral Commission on 13 63 06.