The City of Perth Library has received another national accolade, taking the Local Government Property Award at the Australian Property Institute National Excellence in Property Awards.
Designed by Kerry Hill Architects and opened in March 2016, the new Library is the largest civic building project undertaken by the City of Perth since the Perth Concert Hall in the 1970s.
CEO Martin Mileham says the library is inviting by design, seeing more than 600,000 visitors since opening.
“The City of Perth Library isn’t just a visual delight, it’s a space that helps build our community by creating a welcoming and accessible place for all,” Mr Mileham said.
“We’re extremely proud of how well the City of Perth Library has been received by the public, and the recognition it’s earned at a state, national and international level.”
Awards and Recognitions for the City of Perth Library
- Singapore Architects Awards - Honourable Mention in Interior Architecture Projects; and Institutional Projects (October 2016)
- Master Builders Australia Awards - Winner of National Entertainment and Recreation Facility Award (November 2016)
- National Architecture Awards (Australian Institute of Architects) - Commendation in the Public Architecture Category (November 2016)
- Australian Interior Design Awards - Shortlisted in Public Design Category (March 2016)
- Australian Library Design Awards (Australian Library and Information Association) – Winner of Public Library Design Award (June 2017)
- Australian Property Institute National Excellence in Property Awards 2017 – Winner of Local Government Property Award
- WA Architecture Awards - Winner of George Temple Pool Award (jointly awarded to State Buildings) (April 2016)
Winner of Jeffrey Howlett Award for Public Architecture
Commendation in Interior Architecture category