New Years Eve Road Closures 31 December
The City of Perth has approved temporary road closures in Northbridge on New Year’s Eve Thursday 31 December 2020.
Closures will include portions of William St, James St, Lake St and Roe St from 4pm as shown in the map below.
Roads will remain closed until 5am Friday 1 January 2021.
Active towing will begin from 3pm, with associated costs to be paid by the vehicle owner prior to release of the impounded vehicle.
ROAD CLOSURES / DELIVERIES & PARKING RESTRICTIONS
- There will be strictly no vehicle access into any of the road closures from 4:00pm.
- All vehicles (including motorbikes) within the area will be infringed from 1:00pm and towing will be active from 3:00pm.
- Roads will be officially closed at 4:00pm – no access is permitted for any reason until 5:00am the following day.
- Any fees incurred from vehicles being towed are payable by the vehicle owner prior to release; check street signage for time restrictions.
- Roads will reopen by 5:00am on Friday 1 January 2021. There is strictly no vehicle access prior to this time.
- Food delivery services will not be permitted vehicle access within road closures with the exception of bicycles. Please see the map for closures.
PRIVATE BUSINESS CARPARKS WITHIN THE ROAD CLOSURES
All staff working on New Year’s Eve will need to arrange parking outside of the road closures if they wish to exit in their vehicle prior to the roads reopening on Friday 1 January at 5:00am. Any driveways leading to private carparks will be blocked with barriers to ensure vehicles do not obtain access onto the closed roads.
ACCESS TO PUBLIC CARPARKS
Access into Wilson open-air carpark at 18 Roe St and CPP Cultural Centre, Citiplace, State Library and Roe Street Car Parks will not be impacted.
The Blue CAT will operate the following deviation (from 4.00pm until last service): Blue CAT Services will operate normal route on Shenton Street and then deviate right James Street, left Northern Busway (Charles Street Bridge), right Milligan Street, left Murray Street and right William Street to resume normal route.