Road and Footpath Obstructions
There are a variety of reasons why roads, footpaths or verges may need to be closed or obstructed. Activities such as crane operations, excavations or day to day maintenance within our city are just some that may create an obstruction. Whatever the reason, approval is required to ensure the safety of city users as well as the notification and co-ordination of vital services.
To obtain an approval to obstruct roads, footpaths or verges, an application must be made to the Approval Services Unit. There is a non-refundable, GST inclusive, application fee for each permit.
Please be mindful that other relevant fees such as parking and bonds could be applicable depending on your requirements. Parking fees are charged separately when you purchase parking permits from the City’s Customer Service Centre or when you arrange parking bays to be reserved by contacting the City’s On Street Parking Reservations on 1300 366 461 or by email email@example.com Bonds, if applicable will be charged as part of the application and must be paid before a permit will be issued.
Barricading will be required around a worksite to provide a safe environment. Particular attention is required for people with disabilities and guidelines on barricades are available on this web site.
- LATE APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE PROCESSED;
- 2 full business days are required for processing of standard permits;
- 15 full business days are required for road closures or for filming that require a significant obstruction of roads or footpaths, or for excavations in the Malls;
- Incomplete applications will not be processed until such time that all documents and fees have been received;
- Permits that are required for Weekends or Mondays, must be received by the Approval Services Unit by 4:00pm on the previous Wednesday.