The Special Household Rubbish Collection Service will be undertaken in August 2014, date to be advised.
- Your rubbish must be out before 6.30am on the Monday of the week of your collection.
- Please do not place your waste out on the verge until the weekend prior to the service.
This special rubbish collection WILL REMOVE
- Garden waste
Tree and/or shrub prunings up to 1.5m in length, lawn clippings and leaves i boxes or bags
- Electronic waste
Televisions, computers, photocopiers, printers, mobile phones, phones, DVD & CD players, VCRs and Hi-Fi equipment
- Old furniture
- Stoves, refrigerators (doors removed) and other whitegoods
- General Junk
With the exception of the e-waste, most items are not recycled and go to landfill. Avenues should be explored for reuse and recycling before placing on the verge. Please refer to your residential recycling calendar or the City of Perth website for information on what can be recycled and where.
For more information on recycling options, please telephone the Recycle Hotline 1800 013 827.
Household furniture in good condition can be put to good use by charities such as:
- Anglicare 6253 3535
- Salvation Army 13 72 58
- St Vincent de Paul 9444 5622
Electronic waste and whitegoods
Electronic waste and whitegoods should be intact and separated from other wastes to enable the City to collect these items for recycling of components and casings.
This special rubbish collection WILL NOT REMOVE
- Branches over 1.5m in length
- Smoke alarms
- Motor vehicles - whole or parts thereof
- Bricks, rubble, sand, cement
- Gas bottles
- Large tree trunks or stumps
- Inflammable liquids - including paint, oil, etc.
- Asbestos cement products
- Foodstuffs - household waste
Houshold Hazardous Waste
The City of Perth, in conjunction with Mindarie Regional Council, provides free access to the following permanent facilities for safe disposal of items such as gas bottles, cans of paint, flammable liquids, pesticides & herbicides, pool & garden chemicals, fluorescent tubes:
- Tamala Park, 1700 Marmion Ave, Mindarie
- Recycling Centre Balcatta, 238 Balcatta Road, Balcatta
A maximum of 20L/kg (or combination) per visit applies.
Visit www.mrc.wa.gov.au for details.
How you can make collection easier
To make collection easier, please follow these simple steps:
- SEPARATE Electronic waste
- SEPARATE Whitegoods
- SEPARATE garden waste from general junk
- Place rubbish NEATLY on the Street verge
- TRIM tree branches/prunings to maximum length of 1.5m. Larger branches will not be removed
- Items should be of a maximum weight that is easily handled by two men
- Place lawn clippings, cuttings and leaves into BOXES or BAGS
- Keep the rubbish CLEAR of your sprinkler system and do not obstruct the footpath or your normal bin service