Anyone can join and borrow from the City of Perth Library. All you need is proof of your current residential address and signature. See below for the types of identification we accept.
Please read the City of Perth Library Conditions of Use and Membership.
Join online (WA only)
1. Fill out the online form
After you have entered your information, the Library services team will process it and you will receive a confirmation email within 24 hours. Complete the form.
2. Receive confirmation email
Once you’ve received your confirmation email you can start using our free online eResources.
3. Pick up your card and verify your account in person.
If you would like to borrow from the Library, visit the Customer Service desk on the Ground Floor of the Library. Before we issue your card you will need to verify your current address.
Join in person
Alternatively you can visit the Library in person and we can issue you a Library card on the spot. Please bring relevant identification with you. See below for the forms of identification we accept.
Identification we accept
- A current Western Australian Driver's Licence OR
- With photo ID: a bill or bank statement less than six weeks old, showing your current home address (we will also need your signature) OR
- Without photo ID: a current, signed Health Care Card and bill or bank statement less than six weeks old, showing your current home address (we will also need your signature).